Pg. 47 - Potential & Kinetic Energy
Pg. 46 - Sports Ball Lab
To determine which sports ball had the most kinetic energy
I think that ___________ ball will have the most kinetic energy because ____________.
kickball, soccer ball, basketball, tennis ball, pencil, measuring tape, recording sheet
1. Choose a ball
2. Hold that ball 4ft above the ground.
3. Drop the ball & count how many times it bounces.
4. Record the data in the table
5. Repeat 2 more times with the same ball.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 with each of the other sports balls
Data Table & Graph
1. Was your hypothesis correct? (explain)
2. Why do you think your hypothesis was correct/incorrect?
3. Would you like to test another sports ball? Why?